Monday, November 30, 2009

the danger of the ducks

Ducks. When we think of ducks, we think of funny little birds with large bills. Right? Well, I’m here to say that they are a bit more than they seem. Actually, a lot more. The events I am going to relate here will be very hard to swallow. Just follow along and don’t stop ‘til the end.
It was abut 3 a.m. The buses had stopped. I was walking by the campus pond and had decided to go down and watch the ducks. I sat on a stone bench under a large tree and watched the ducks for several minutes. All of the little feathered things were flapping around and quacking their little quacks. Just normal harmless duck things. That is when it happened.
They came in from the sky in their large, silver disc like craft. The lights on it were flashing and there was peculiar hum that was barely detectable emanating from it. It came to a halt on the far side if the pond, right up to the edge of the water.
I saw them when they emerged.. From my vantage point from my bench under the trees, I was hidden and had a view of them. They were beings that were there but not there. They were ghostly beings, formless and colorless.
I wasn’t the only one that had noticed this large craft. The ducks were quacking and flapping their wings as the entire flock moved towards the craft and the forms. I heard clicking sounds from the beings that I guessed was their way of communicating. The flock finally settled in front of the aliens. I was surprised when one duck swam forward to the front of the flock and said to the beings in plain English,
“It’s about time you guys showed up! This long, stuck on this planet, in this get up of feathers and wings was starting to get to me. You left us here for 500 years. I thought the plan for an invasion was going to be put in effect 200 years ago. It’s about time. That ‘s why you guys are here, right?”.
The beings emitted more clicking sounds, which the ducks seemed to be listening to intently. Then the flock emitted a great amount of flapping and what sounded like laughing. It was obvious that the two groups were communicating. One of the beings went back into the craft and then emerged aging with what looked like a toy laser gun. The being aimed this at every duck one by one. When they were hit with this laser, the ducks instantly changed into one of the formless ghostly beings. They all were aliens.
I could not believe my eyes. This was just too much for me. I ran as swiftly and as quietly as I could from under the tree. I was not quiet enough. The entire group had their eyes on me. I kept running. They didn’t come after me.
The next day I was walking to the police station to report what I saw when a duck appeared in front of me. It looked me right in the eyes and in English again, said “We saw you last night. You will not tell anyone of our plans. I don not know how we did not detect you sooner. You are the one that could bring about our downfall. You will not live.” \
All around me ducks dive bombed me. I ran as fast as my feet could take me, dodging the ducks. That morning, I was pecked within an inch of my life.
Since them I have been on a crusade against the ducks. I tried to recruit many with no luck. I have fought ducks many times. I have tried to determine their plans, when they will make their move. I have not learned a thing. We must join together with me because it is the only hope against them. They will attack soon. We have no time to waste. Does anyone hear me? That is why you need to let me out of here. I am not crazy!!! You have to do something. Let me out. I am not crazy.”
Shut up! Inmate #47 you are giving me a headache. You’ve been yelling all day and I’ll send you to detention if you keep it up. Wait a minute, what is that quacking sound? Woah, the ducks, they’re everywhere!!! Help! Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment